Metaquotes Data is Crap!!!

Folks,

the data coming out of Metaquotes servers is garbage. This problem has been going on for almost 2 years now.

I really dont see you any of you can expect to make money when the data used to backtest is full of holes. The Metaquotes

History and how it fills charts in MT4, combined with your brokers own data is still a black magic mystery. Ive been using ATC,

and their charts are full of holes and bad data. One day a chart seems OK and the next its messed up and missing days weeks

or even months. Ive looked at other brokers data too, and there seems to be consistent problems.

Ive yet to find a solid data source. Dukas Copy data is unusable unless you strip out the weekends. Still it has holes in

it and you will most lilkely have to make time stamp changes to match the clock on your Brokers server to use it.

Really. Ive not traded a live EA in over a year, and I have no plans to until these problems with data are fixed.

Good Luck to All

You can use any other available API to trade Forex. It's true that MetaTrader's history is not the best, but using it is NOT A RIGHT THAT EVERYONE HAS, but only an OPPORTUNITY. Always keep that in mind and do not complain.

[irony]

I would like to complain too. The future movements is most likely not the same as the historyical movements. :( how should i be able to optimize my EA's then????

[/irony]

Develop/Bugfix your EA with the tester -> test your EA on demo -> retest your EA on live -> use your EA

balazs321:
You can use any other available API to trade Forex. It's true that MetaTrader's history is not the best, but using it is NOT A RIGHT THAT EVERYONE HAS, but only an OPPORTUNITY. Always keep that in mind and do not complain.

"do not complain" is an answer of morons. if your answer is "do not complain" then dont post a reply idiot.

There has been many posts about getting good history data.

Please do not feed the troll.

When you respond, you give the troll power. When you ignore the troll, he starves for attention and eventually dies.

WHRoeder:

There has been many posts about getting good history data.

Please do not feed the troll.

When you respond, you give the troll power. When you ignore the troll, he starves for attention and eventually dies.

So your point is what? I shouldnt post my opinions about it? You are worse than a troll. you are a TROLL troll.
Reason: