Parse news in MT4 news-tab

Hi,

Im interested in parsing the text in the newsfeeds that comes into MT4's news-tab.

Does anyone know if there is any built-in method or any other way to recive and handle the news in the news-tab within an EA?

/Micke

Use this and you would have found this

WHRoeder:
Use this and you would have found this

Thank your for your reply, I have searched the web and this forum already.

Im not interested in copy/paste in news or specific timeframes into an EA.

I want my EA to actually look for a specific text in the news-tab, I know what Im doing since I have been programming for 15 years, fulltime. My issue and purpose of this thread is to find a way to capture news-text with, hopfully, a built in MT4 method or some other way..

Here: Locate the news.dat file within the history folder. I just opened it with Notepad and was able to get the information you're looking for. I'm almost certain I'd tried this in the past and it didn't work. Anyways that should do the trick.

For anyone interested, I found a way to parse it. Unfortunately, it is only a list of news headlines (no content). When you click on a headline, MetaTrader probably pulls the news from its website using an id found on these records.

I have found that the news published in MetaTrader under the name DJ News (Dow Jones Newswires) are just a feed of well known web sites like MarketWatch. I recommend you to read the feed from these websites instead of messing with this file; it is not worth it.

Reason: