Shortcuts/Hotkeys to Objects and Periodicity

Hello fellow traders,

I am currently working on setting my MT4 program up for my live account (been only trading with something else before).

Now i am getting really irritated at the way the objects (trendlines, fibo's etc) work. Why isnt there a tab in options that adds hotkeys to every single action the menu bar has to offer.

I want to draw a Fibo with my Mouse4 click, I want to add line with my Shift z click, I want to change the periodicity with Shift-Scroll (or Shift 1-2-3-4-5) for the different options in the Periodicity bar.

Perfect if it is not implemented in the standard option list, but I also couldnt find any simple scripts that makes me draw an object or change periodicity. They are all based on changing the apperance of already drawn objects.

Hopefully you can help me out,

Have a happy new year,

Jarl

Obviously, Hot-key everything is not built-in by default.

If you're a programmer then create scripts and hot-key those, my Google search shows allot of ways of doing that.

If you're not a programmer then look for free Windows Hot-Key/Macro Creators for the task. Again Search is the tool for this.

Hey Jarl take a look here: MetaTrader Hotkey Extender

thanks for the help, Yet the Hotkey extender mentioned by MaryJane does not seem to work on my MT4 :S Is it probably because I have downloaded the program from my brokers website instead of directly from the metatrader website itself? Could this mean that some re-wiring has to be done in certain programs/codes?

I think I will give it a shot at making some simple codes to draw objects and change periodicity.