Please help on daily candlesticks bar.

Hi everyone!

I have been trying MT4 and MT5, for couple of days.

While checking around charts, I see on MT4 always shows up a extra bar compare to MT5.

Here I toke a screenshot of the chart of both applications.

Here is the MT4 AUD/USD, candlestick D1.

And here is the MT5, same chart, D1.

Its shows up one extra bar weekly, is there any way where I can config that?

Please help!

Thanks!

aydios:

Its shows up one extra bar weekly, is there any way where I can config that?

You can't . . it's down to your Broker showing part of the weekend as a separate day. One good example of why D1 bars are pretty meaningless . .

@RaptorUK: One good example of why D1 bars are pretty meaningless . .

Lol... that just sounds awful. Isn't D1 bars still the most popular bars used trading? Tho I'm more of an M5 kinda guy :)

ubzen:

@RaptorUK: One good example of why D1 bars are pretty meaningless . .

Lol... that just sounds awful. Isn't D1 bars still the most popular bars used trading? Tho I'm more of an M5 kinda guy :)

Are they ? I have no idea . . . but what is a good/accurate D1 bar to use ? what Time Zone, GMT ? CET ? EST ? they are all different . . which one is the right one . . . at least with H1 and below they are all the same time period regardless of Time Zone . . at least if plenty of people are trading D1 there is plenty of money to be made by people not using D1.

Hmm good points. I realized this when working with Pivot Points in the past. If I had to guess, I'd say GMT is the most popular. But that's something every trader has to define for himself/herself like #-of-periods or timeframe to use. I just taught calling D1 meaningless was funny. I could just imagine a bunch of non algorithmic traders jumping you if you said that in their arena.
Reason: