No Comment - appearing on my screen

I have an EA which I have written and typically I have it running on several charts at a time.

Each EA has an 'on screen ' display in the form of a comment created in the EA and shows current and history contracts for that instrument - together with some of the parameters I have used.

I have an instance - currently happening - where my EA is running (smiley face appears) on several charts.

Test data is being written to files and contracts are entered into and liquidated but no part of my comment shows on the screen for just one of the charts - AUDUSD. If I reload the EA it still doesn't re-appear

I'll try some reloading etc but just wondered if anyone has had similar occurrences and has any simple / obvious explanation.

I just tried closing the expert, loading another expert which displays data in a similar manner and works. I then reloaded the first expert and again no display

I assume you mean Comment() which appears in the top left corner ?

Do you have any other Indicators of any sort on the chart or applied to the template that you are using ? they may overwrite your comment with their own . .

Other than that check your code to see if Comment() is used anywhere else and is overwriting the Comment you are expecting to see . . .

Lastly, the Comment is written in the Chart foreground colour, if you have that set to none or the same as the background you won't see the Comment.

RaptorUK:

I assume you mean Comment() which appears in the top left corner ?

Do you have any other Indicators of any sort on the chart or applied to the template that you are using ? they may overwrite your comment with their own . .

Other than that check your code to see if Comment() is used anywhere else and is overwriting the Comment you are expecting to see . . .

Lastly, the Comment is written in the Chart foreground colour, if you have that set to none or the same as the background you won't see the Comment.

Many thanks - as always for a swift reply.

Yes I did mean Comment()

I have 4 x SMAs - just visible in lower right of screenshot

I understand the rest of your comments and suspect I must be doing something like clearing the string somewhere

peterhw1:

Many thanks - as always for a swift reply.

Yes I did mean Comment()

I have 4 x SMAs - just visible in lower right of screenshot

I understand the rest of your comments and suspect I must be doing something like clearing the string somewhere

Reason: