OrderSend from another symbol?

Hi,

I wanted to use my EA for EURUSD and also buy an position in this EA from GBPUSD.

But I am getting the OrderSend error 4106.

Can't I open a position from another symbol??

Yes you can . . but you have to specify the Symbol correctly, check it in the Market Watch window (Ctrl + M)

You can do it for real time trading, but you can't test it!

sunshineh:
I wanted to use my EA for EURUSD and also buy an position in this EA from GBPUSD.
  1. Can't in the tester. Testing Features and Limits in MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 Articles
  2. Unnecessary. Just have EA open orders for the chart symbol only. Move EA on to two charts.

Thanks for this - At least, at least after 4 hours of trying all sorts to try and decode why I am getting error 4106 ( "item not in Market watch")  and about to pull my hair out, I came across this and now I know why I cant open a position on an instrument that is not on  the chart in the tester !:-0

MT477 #:
Thanks for this - At least, at least after 4 hours of trying all sorts to try and decode why I am getting error 4106 ( "item not in Market watch")  and about to pull my hair out, I came across this and now I know why I cant open a position on an instrument that is not on  the chart in the tester !:-0
Yeah, but that was 12 years ago. 

Now you can use MT5 and get rid of this (and other tons) of limitations.
Reason: