Bad programmers - page 2

wansiman:

Why is MetaTrader so badly programmed?

Isnt there any good programmer who can make it better ?

Why are there no rangebars ?

Why isnt it much more users friendly ?

Why arent there good buy and sell scripts

i can go on for 5 hours !! very bad programmers at MetaTrader very very sad

it was good software 25 years ago no its crap

Learn to code and do something better then ;-)

what is better for you?

what is missing that make you unable to trade?

share your ideas, the dev team could include your ideas in the next version... MT6 ;)

and if you know its badly programmed, its because you have access to the source code and you are a developper, else, how did you know its badly programmed?

MT4 is old, yes.

MT5 solved a lot of functionnal & programmers issues, but not compatible with MT4. this is where Metaquotes lost the battle.

they must provide some compatibility for the EAs, we have to be able to use MT4 code into MT5 "out of the box"

or they have to create an MT4.5 version with some of the MT5 features, like better programming langage (intellisense, classes), multithreading support.

when you consider there are only 5 variables to work with on the price of an instrument, O,H,L,C,V do we really need more advanced programming languages to handle the requirements of working with them ?

zzuegg:

btw, the biggest flaw in my opinion is the lack of a console version running on linux capable of running EA's. no charts/visuals needed.
flaab:
This an old post but I really vouch for that. A shell version would be amazing.
'Console', that means not with(in) 'Wine'?

wansiman:

Why is MetaTrader so badly programmed?

Isnt there any good programmer who can make it better ?

Why are there no rangebars ?

Why isnt it much more users friendly ?

Why arent there good buy and sell scripts

i can go on for 5 hours !! very bad programmers at MetaTrader very very sad

it was good software 25 years ago no its crap

I don't think they are bad programmers, MT has a stable and efficient code, that could not be written by a team of bad programmers.

The trick is that the brokers pay for their work. They do what they are payed for. End user side must be a step behind the broker side, it is vital especially for dealing desk brokers.

Reason: