Maximum minimum distance

Hi everyone,

Is there any way to figure out what the maximum minimum distance and/or freezelevel is for a particular broker. The marketinfo properties dont seem to contain this information.

Thanks!

Yes they do . . . MODE_FREEZELEVEL and MODE_STOPLEVEL

Also look here: https://book.mql4.com/appendix/limits

Hi,

Yes, but I mean the maximum minimum distance and/or freezelevel. Those values dynamically change, I would like to require the maxium value that both levels can reach.

Thanks!

Here. You can find 90% of repeat questions by searching Google: mql4.com+question.

Thanks for the reply guys, but did anyone actually read my question..? :)

If you call the stoplevel and/or freezelevel market info property then you get the current value for the minimum distance and/or the freezelevel. I am looking for the maximum value that these values can possibly reach at any time; It can be useful to check this value before starting to build a grid in order not to mess up the distance between levels once the stoplevel changes.

Thanks!

I'm happy to be corrected by anyone . . but I don't think these values change . . . the spread changes of course, but I've never seen MODE_FREEZELEVEL and MODE_STOPLEVEL change and I have them in the top left corner of many of my charts.

Hi again,

It probably depends on the broker but I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that I've seen it change before (when there is more volatility the levels change).

Also check this link: https://book.mql4.com/build/events
An event is made when the stoplevel changes, so it is more then likely that the value can effectively change.

Well, I'll just use the current stoplevel plus a few pips for the check.

Thanks!

OK, thanks, it's nice to learn something new every day ;-)

Why can't you just check the value immediately before you place an Order and adjust as needed ?

Hi,

it has something to do with the consistency of the grid (requirements client).
Also: new pending orders can not be placed at the same level when there are already open pending orders at this level or there is already an open order at this level that was previously a pending order at the corresponding level. The logic of the EA will become more complex if the levels are not placed at the exact levels.

There are some other requirements that would make coding this EA much easier if I could be sure that the pending orders were placed at exact levels.

Thanks!

Also: new pending orders can not be placed at the same level when there are already open pending orders at this level or there is already an open order at this level that was previously a pending order at the corresponding level. The logic of the EA will become more complex if the levels are not placed at the exact levels.
They can at my side. As long spread and stoplevel are not changed you can set as many pendings as you want on the same price.

Your question is similar to asking what's the Maximum and Minimum Price EUR/USD can reach.
Reason: