Ubzen's FREE EA Project#1 - page 4

@flaab

i find your strategy very interestig. On what time horizon are based your backtest pictures?

user_123:

@flaab

i find your strategy very interestig. On what time horizon are based your backtest pictures?

Backtests are EURUSD Jan2005 - Dic2011 (1M) and 2pip spread. I have developed the strategy further to squeeze out more trades, here is the result using 0.10 standard lot.

flaab:

Backtests are EURUSD Jan2005 - Dic2011 (1M) and 2pip spread. I have developed the strategy further to squeeze out more trades, here is the result using 0.10 standard lot.

What method are you using to optimize this strategy? Isn't it about time you started showing results of the Live-Demo tests?

ubzen:
What method are you using to optimize this strategy? Isn't it about time you started showing results of the Live-Demo tests?

Hello Uzben,

I am adapting the entry strategy/tp/sl/ts to a common baseline based on the spread to squeeze out more trades and adapt it to any market. It needs more work.

As a tick scalper, it can literally lose its shirt anyway. And if it works, I'll be banned in no time. Too bad xD

flaab:

As a tick scalper, it can literally lose its shirt anyway. And if it works, I'll be banned in no time. Too bad xD

I see, damn if you do; and damn if you don't. Have you ever been banned for running a scalper? I'm thinking you could at least make some money before the house kicks you out.

ubzen:
I see, damn if you do; and damn if you don't. Have you ever been banned for running a scalper? I'm thinking you could at least make some money before the house kicks you out.

I haven't been banned for running a scalper yet, but I simply don't think the broker would allow the following:

Consider a humble initial balance of 200usd for the following backtest with 2% risk, EURUSD 2005-2011

This is how it starts... (note that this EA makes +4000 trades a year)

A little further....

A little bit later the thing goes completely wild...

Some trades later, the maxlot is reached (100 lots) and the profit curve remains steady until the end of the backtest.

Furthermore, it seems my strategy (being based on the spread) is resistant to high spreads. It wins consistently even with a 4pip spread.

So... my guess is... 1) If it works, I'll be banned. 2) If not, I'll lose. Overall, a nice educational project.

The worse part is that I just have to try it! Has anyone being banned here if your account grew beyond the broker's liking?

Just to put things into perspective, this is what I am considering doing: This is a backtest from EURUSD Jan2010 to Dec-2011 with a 2.000usd initial balance.

2k is not that much money, but what if it works? :-P (Backtest with 2pip spread)

Consider a humble initial balance of 200usd for the following backtest with 2% risk, EURUSD 2005-2011. I've never heard of someone getting banned with a $200 account. If you're not going to trade it then whats the purpose of all this? Also, don't think they're going to ban a demo-account, so what's stopping you from running the system on that now?

Hi guys here is my top secret EA test with an advanced compounding criteria. Date range is 5 years 25/07/2007-25/07/2012, starting balance is only $200 and final balance is $1,475,913.94.

ubzen:
Consider a humble initial balance of 200usd for the following backtest with 2% risk, EURUSD 2005-2011. I've never heard of someone getting banned with a $200 account. If you're not going to trade it then whats the purpose of all this? Also, don't think they're going to ban a demo-account, so what's stopping you from running the system on that now?
Well... if the account reaches 40.000 within the year it might get banned!!
Reason: