EA Fault - page 2

WHRoeder:

Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7

I have noticed that on the working EA platform the experts log first entry says ( compiling EA),then (loaded successfully).

the other platform with the same EA thats not working says ( eurusd loaded successfully ) chart

then says( EA loaded successfully), no mention of compiling,is this a fault or can an EA be loaded without being compiled.

I checked and the EA is not gray, i also checked metaeditor and compiled, it shows (0 errors 0 warnings).

Where did you get the EA from ? did you buy it ? is it locked to a particular account number ?

RaptorUK:
Where did you get the EA from ? did you buy it ? is it locked to a particular account number ?
Yes i did buy it and i checked with the seller who said it should work on any platform,it came as an EA + code with code for tradestation and traders studio.

OK, but I know some EA's only work with one account . . . so if you want to run them on two accounts you have to pay extra or for each copy.

RaptorUK:
OK, but I know some EA's only work with one account . . . so if you want to run them on two accounts you have to pay extra or for each copy.

I have just contacted the seller again to make sure.

Thanks RaptorUK

carolemac:

I have just contacted the seller again to make sure.

Thanks RaptorUK

When i open the EX4 file in metaeditor on the working EA it shows few numbers /letters code,this is not on the same EA EX4 file that is not working,how can i put this in (do i need to).

The EX4 file is the compiled version of the MT4 file that you probably don't have . . . you can't easily edit/change/view the EX4 file.

If it's supposed to be the same file and one is working and one is not . . and they appear different to you why don't you just copy the one that is working over the top of the one that is not working . . then they MUST be the same . . no ?

What did the seller say ?

RaptorUK:

The EX4 file is the compiled version of the MT4 file that you probably don't have . . . you can't easily edit/change/view the EX4 file.

If it's supposed to be the same file and one is working and one is not . . and they appear different to you why don't you just copy the one that is working over the top of the one that is not working . . then they MUST be the same . . no ?

What did the seller say ?

I am waiting for the seller to contact me he is usually quick to respond,i cannot seem to copy and paste to stick (two pcs),how do i type this info in ?.

carolemac:
I am waiting for the seller to contact me he is usually quick to respond,i cannot seem to copy and paste to stick (two pcs),how do i type this info in ?.

Looks like its working,think it was the EX4 file.

Thanks RaptorUK

carolemac:

Looks like its working,think it was the EX4 file.

Thanks RaptorUK

Glad to hear you got it sorted.
Reason: