EA Fault

I am using an EA on alpari with 402 build that works ok,i have installed the same EA on fxpro same 402 build but it will not work,Where should i look to find this problem,i have no coding knowledge.

Thank you

If you want to help you need to be more specific about what you mean by . . . "but it will not work"

RaptorUK:
If you want to help you need to be more specific about what you mean by . . . "but it will not work"
If it works on one mt4 platform and not another i would think it is the platform,they are the same build so thats not the problem.What on the platform might stop the EA from working,experts says it is (loaded successfully and initialized) but it will not generate buy or sell stops at the areas it is supposed to ?.

I will have a look at that

Thanks RaptorUK

carolemac:

I will have a look at that

Thanks RaptorUK

Well i already had these options enabled,i think i will remove the EA and the fxpro platform and reinstall both.

carolemac:
Well i already had these options enabled,i think i will remove the EA and the fxpro platform and reinstall both.

You won't learn anything doing that even if you fix the issue.

RaptorUK:
You won't learn anything doing that even if you fix the issue.
You are correct,i think i will read up on coding and building an EA then tackle this problem.

carolemac:
What on the platform might stop the EA from working,experts says it is (loaded successfully and initialized) but it will not generate buy or sell stops at the areas it is supposed to ?.

Each broker is different. Does the EA adjust for 4/5 digit broker. Does the EA handle ECN brokers. Does it have hard coded symbol names not compatable with the other broker (EURUSD, EUR/USD, EURUSDfxf, EURUSDm, etc)

Did you install the broker's mql4 package? Did you install in \program files* on Vista/Win7?

WHRoeder:

Each broker is different. Does the EA adjust for 4/5 digit broker. Does the EA handle ECN brokers. Does it have hard coded symbol names not compatable with the other broker (EURUSD, EUR/USD, EURUSDfxf, EURUSDm, etc)

Did you install the broker's mql4 package? Did you install in \program files* on Vista/Win7?

Yes it is broker download,think it auto choose c program files,i will check around the other areas you mention.

Thanks WHRoeder

Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7

Reason: