standard deviation channel help needed...

hi i need help with an indicater as per the picture.

i need a calculation of the angle of the standard deviation line if possible, or the gradient of the slope might be a better calculation.

I have a theory and would appreciate any help possible please...!

Gradient A to B line is required.

thankyou in advance.

Files:

Hard to help . . . no code, no picture . . .

What would be the units of the gradient of the line ?

RaptorUK:

Hard to help . . . no code, no picture . . .

What would be the units of the gradient of the line ?

Hi was just updating the posting.. Boy you are quick to reply..!

;-)

Can't run the Indicator right now to look . . but . .

If the lines are Objects you can get the Object properties and get the time and price difference of two points along the line and work out the pseudo gradient . . . if they are Indicator lines you can use iCustom to get the price values and get the time from bar numbers . . then do the same, work out the pseudo gradient. I say pseudo because if you change time frame it will change . . . but if you can make money from it who am I to argue, I wish you well. If you need any explanation of what i have written just ask . . . :-)

k15hor:
i need a calculation of the angle of the standard deviation line if possible, or the gradient of the slope might be a better calculation.

angle = ArcTan(dY/dX) the arctan of a pure number. A chart has units of price vs time. No angle is possible.

slope = dY/dX get the priceAtA, shiftAtA, priceAtB, shiftAtB. slope = (priceAtA - priceAtB)/(shiftAtA - shiftAtB);

RaptorUK:

Can't run the Indicator right now to look . . but . .

If the lines are Objects you can get the Object properties and get the time and price difference of two points along the line and work out the pseudo gradient . . . if they are Indicator lines you can use iCustom to get the price values and get the time from bar numbers . . then do the same, work out the pseudo gradient. I say pseudo because if you change time frame it will change . . . but if you can make money from it who am I to argue, I wish you well. If you need any explanation of what i have written just ask . . . :-)

Thankyou, i will look into this..!

WHRoeder:

angle = ArcTan(dY/dX) the arctan of a pure number. A chart has units of price vs time. No angle is possible.

slope = dY/dX get the priceAtA, shiftAtA, priceAtB, shiftAtB. slope = (priceAtA - priceAtB)/(shiftAtA - shiftAtB);

Yes agreed, the slope gradient method is more feasable than the angle option..

Thanks for the calculations...!

much appreciated.

Reason: