Get parameters from indicator

Is it possible to get what parameters were used in adding an indicator to a chart?

If a user adds the RSI indicator to a chart, is there any way for my Custom Indicator to find what Period & Level(s) the RSI indicator is using?

Control-I, select indicator, Edit

WHRoeder:
Control-I, select indicator, Edit

I know I can do it manually. I want my indicator to be able to get the information.

Example: If the user puts an RSI indicator with Period 9 into the chart, I would like my custom indicator to read the Period and calculate the same RSI value.

Your indicator calls iRSI or iCustom with what ever values you want. Other indicators on the chart are irrelevant.

WHRoeder:
Your indicator calls iRSI or iCustom with what ever values you want. Other indicators on the chart are irrelevant.

I'm getting the idea that this is impossible, but here's a simple example of what I'm trying to do. Maybe someone can tell me if it's possible and how to do it.

I want to have an RSI indicator on the chart (in separate window), and my custom indicator in window(0). When the RSI indicator hits a certain level an arrow is placed in window(0) at that point.

If the user changes the period in the RSI indicator, I would like my indicator to recognize it and reset all the arrows automatically.

Right now the user has to remember to edit the parameters of my indicator and change the extern variable "RSI_Period".

The only other way I can think of is to have 2 custom indicators and a Global Variable that can pass the period between the indicators. That's just not as user friendly as I would like it to be.

If there was some way that my indicator could (1) determine that the user had put in the native RSI indicator, (2) delete it and (3) add my custom RSI indicator that uses the Global variable, that would work also, but I can't see anything in the dictionary about adding or deleting indicators from within an indicator or EA.

I dont think it is possible to access information about other indicators a user has attatched to the chart or to take control of a users terminal in the way you are suggesting.

Reason: