Trading System Based on 3 EMA Parameters

Hi

Can anyone help me with coding an EA for this particular trading method. In the attached file there is 5 pdf's explaining the method of opening and closing trades. I have manually tested the method reviewing the EUR/USD chart from 1 July to 21 July 2011. Where 7 trades where realized with (+103, +120, +143, +137, +60, -80, +209) = 589pips in profit I haven't reviewed the remaining 7 Pairs, but if the EUR/USD pair is anything to go by then you could easily look at 4000 pips in a calender month. The template file contains some rough information on how I precieve the system to work. Please comment on the post as to whether an ea like this is possible or already exists. If you think this method is crap let me know and why as well.

pips are meaningless . . . . what was your risk as a %age of your free margin ? what was your risk:reward ratio ? 7 trades aren't a good enough sample, try 500 +

There is no attached document . . .

CJB:
Can anyone help me with coding an EA for this particular trading method.
Try this

RaptorUK:

pips are meaningless . . . . what was your risk as a %age of your free margin ? what was your risk:reward ratio ? 7 trades aren't a good enough sample, try 500 +

Pips are not meaningless - they are quite meaningful - they represent gains, per se.

"risk as a %age of your free margin" -- Now this is completely meaningless. If you lose a fixed percentage, and you continue to lose more often than not, you still lose. It's either a quick decimation of our account or a slow one, depending on percentage, but you still lose. One of the most meaningless measures ever invented.

"what was your risk:reward ratio" -- Now this is more meaningful, it implies a focus on the metrics that matter.

"7 trades aren't a good enough sample" -- Contradicts your previous points. If you focus on the highest risk:REWARD ratios and you win them all, that is all you need, rather than 500 of which mostly are losses.

blogzr3:

Pips are not meaningless - they are quite meaningful - they represent gains, per se.

"risk as a %age of your free margin" -- Now this is completely meaningless. If you lose a fixed percentage, and you continue to lose more often than not, you still lose. It's either a quick decimation of our account or a slow one, depending on percentage, but you still lose. One of the most meaningless measures ever invented.

"what was your risk:reward ratio" -- Now this is more meaningful, it implies a focus on the metrics that matter.

"7 trades aren't a good enough sample" -- Contradicts your previous points. If you focus on the highest risk:REWARD ratios and you win them all, that is all you need, rather than 500 of which mostly are losses.

Pips are meaningless . . . . let me illustrate my point with a question . . . what is the current pip vs USD exchange rate ?

My other questions are not meaningless . . . as demonstrated by the lack of answer by the OP ;-)

RaptorUK:

Pips are meaningless . . . . let me illustrate my point with a question . . . what is the current pip vs USD exchange rate ?

My other questions are not meaningless . . . as demonstrated by the lack of answer by the OP ;-)

Pips are not meaningless, you make pips, you make money. To argue otherwise is meaningless.

Not all your other questions are meaningless, but the fixed % certainly is. You constantly bet a fixed %, and you constantly lose, you still lose. To argue otherwise - now that is meaningless.

blogzr3:

To argue otherwise is meaningless.

OK, I won't continue a meaningless argument ;-)

RaptorUK:
OK, I won't continue a meaningless argument ;-)

Good.

But alas my crusade against this meaningless question "what is your risk as a %age of your free margin" will have a chance to continue, no doubt.

Reason: