Skip Useless Information a good idea? - page 2

nicwaznego:

i couldn't even dream about analysing 1%of that data..

Analyze for a selected section where it's gone wrong, ie downhill - repeat and rinse.

BarrowBoy:

> ..totally independent control of short and long pos..

Scalping aside, its not unusual to have different settings for short & long - even if it is a smaller ATR take profit and larger ATR stop loss on longs compared to shorts

-BB-

don't laugh but my methodology started employing shorting just recently when i moved to leverage based providers, before, long pos only, (stocks), but due to extremely low volatility after "crash" i cant stand it any more,

shorting /selling - what u dont own/ was always considered by me as very very bad idea... but only in terms on long time impact on market.... but since greed is what driving this world - who am i to comment.

any way micro snap of Forex volatility is like entire stocks portfolio.

also my methodology is always very conservative and actively seeks for high factor of Diversification, so obviously my results never going to be spectacular, as some. but its just me.

blogzr3:
Analyze for a selected section where it's gone wrong, ie downhill - repeat and rinse.

for short term trading... in predefined market conditions... its good advice... however usually such methodology is responsible for rapid huge losses from time to time... its all about risk attitude... however with strict MM ull probably survive...

widely know statistical fact.... most traders are far more likely to focus on entry conditions, while another widely known statistical fact says - even random market entering combined with proper and i mean proper exit management will lead to success in quite a lot cases... /beyond statistical error/... all that bu.... sh.... let it run /pos/ am sick of them smart advices all over the net... /no wonder why, if there is 1000s breathless listeners hoping this time it will work/.... where with a patience... brick to brick... and there is a huge building eventually.

any way a am working at the moment on getting my favourite Gaussian distr. indi to work as an ea for me, ive got extremally simple ver. still having problem with defining related conditions... and the thing is that what u said might actually work even on longer term as this indi respond extremely well for self adjusters. will see. thanx for opening me eyes on something what lead to some conclusions.

thx again

nicwaznego:

shorting /selling - what u dont own/ was always considered by me as very very bad idea...

But in Forex, you are selling one currency and buying another on EVERY trade.

WHRoeder:
But in Forex, you are selling one currency and buying another on EVERY trade.
yep... i was referring to stock market. sorry if i didn't put it more clear.
Reason: