No waiting for next 'tick'? - page 2

mbirrell:
if you have that line in a script it will only run the script every bar count - eg: if your bar count is 1 minute then the script will run once every minute. If you take that line out then it will run every time there is a trade.

I'm trying to incorporate what I want to do in an indicator because a script will only run once i.e every time it is dropped on to the chart (or is there a way to run a script continuously by 'calling' it within other code??). In its'most basic form I'm trying to code something that can work even when the markets are closed i.e no ticks!

So how could I put a horizontal line on a chart and grab it with the mouse, run it up and down the chart and get a continuos readout (using 'comment', label etc;) of how many candle 'highs' (High[i]) touch the line over a certain number of candles (10, 100....etc)?

Google Visual Trader mql4, find the code, learn the code, modify the code, or pay someone. There's no slaves here.

WHRoeder:
Google Visual Trader mql4, find the code, learn the code, modify the code, or pay someone. There's no slaves here.

I can write code so I don't want your code just ideas - just don't know how to go about it as I've described.
Reason: