How can I reference a custom indicator from my ea code?

I want to check with Heiken Ashi to see if their trend is in the direction of my order... as an added confirmation.

How do I check them from my ea code?

For instance... if my ea says to buy a currency pair, I want to check the Heiken Ashi indicator to see if there is an up trend on say the 15 min time frame.

any feedback is greatly appreciated.

OK... I've never done this... but what I want to do is find out when Heiken Ashi says there was a change. Right now it is white bars for up and red bars for down.

So I have these two lines in my ea... among others....

extern string pair1 = "CHFJPY";

double val=iCustom(pair1, 0, "Heiken Ashi",13,1,0);

what is val ?

what is the 13 ?

where do I get the bar color? or the direction indicator that dictates the bar color?

What I want is the most recent bar color at the close of that bar... the current bar is still in question.

And do you know if say a bar on close is white, can I execute a buy or sell order on the "open" of the next bar? Or is that too soon.... can it think that fast...

in other words... the order will be either a buy or a sell, depending on the color of the most recent bar at "close". can it do that?

again... I'm really curious how double val=iCustom(pair1, 0, "Heiken Ashi",13,1,0); tells me the color of the most recently closed bar.

Thanks for your help.

Reason: