Help on 2 MT4 questions please

1. Is it possible to change the colour of individual candles in the main chart window to create some some sort of indicator?

2. When a new object is overlaid partially on an existing object where the 2 objects partially overlay the colours are mixed. Is there a way to prevent this. i.e. is there a way to make one of the objects the top one and the other/s in the background?

TIA

1. Not possible to change the colors, but you can overlay a histogram to get the same result. A 6 color example is: GRaB 2.0 plug in for MT4 | Raghee Horner
  2. https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1439 states "In the MetaTrader 4 program the objects are displayed in alphabetical order" I.E. objects named a123 drawn below objects named b123.

Thanks for that.

1. Not too elegant but a good workaround I guess.

2. That answers the precedence thingy but not really what I was trying to say.......... If I have a rectangle say with the object set as background so that it is shown filled and then add another object also with background set so that it is filled, then where they partially overlap the colours are mixed... is there a way to avoid this??

(I know that if I leave the background property unset then the objects appear as I would wish but without the infill (if that makes sense).

Reason: