Figuring out how to use multiple time periods in indicators

The easiest way for me to explain this is an example. Say I want to display an symbol above a candle where the MACD aligns with the MACD of the 3 higher time periods.

I can easily draw arrow indicators using calculations in the default time period of the chart. But I can't see how I get to pos=10, whose time is say 10:45, and then locate the bar which contains 10:45 in the M15,M30,H1 so I can see if the MACD of the 4 time zones is now synchronized and all heading the same way.

I'm sure their is an easy way and I haven't read enough to know better.....Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Colin

midworld08:

The easiest way for me to explain this is an example. Say I want to display an symbol above a candle where the MACD aligns with the MACD of the 3 higher time periods.

I can easily draw arrow indicators using calculations in the default time period of the chart. But I can't see how I get to pos=10, whose time is say 10:45, and then locate the bar which contains 10:45 in the M15,M30,H1 so I can see if the MACD of the 4 time zones is now synchronized and all heading the same way.

I'm sure their is an easy way and I haven't read enough to know better.....Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Colin

iBarshift is one possibility.

Also you can take a look in the Codebase here and search for MTF (Multi Time Frame) indicators. Will give you an idea also (TimeArray)

Good luck :-)

do you need the visual? or just the value? if you only need the value you can just make a simple ea to calculae your indicators and then comment them on the chart.

liquidd:

do you need the visual? or just the value? if you only need the value you can just make a simple ea to calculae your indicators and then comment them on the chart.

Well I was only after the visual, as I find its easier to see if a strategy could work if the indicator shows enough to make it look OK. I managed to do it with you help using the iBarshift function. Submitted it to the codebase. As a strategy using MTF MACD is a failure. Was good to get the hang of MTF though. Need to find something else to work on now. Once the moderators have passed the post the code could be found here it think ; https://www.mql5.com/en/code

Much appreciated for the help guys.

Colin

Reason: