Quick technical question...

Hi

I have an EA that is working well, but somethings it will enter trades that should of been ignored by because the condition statements were not met.

For example for a particular trade the nearest pivot line must be at least 25 pips plus twice the spread away from the point of entry, in one case the EA entered a trade while the pivot line was only 15 pips away, when it should of ignored this because the condition is not met.

If I run the same pattern through the tester then the EA will ignore the pattern as it should.

Does anyone know what can cause this and is there anything I can do to prevent this? Maybe a caching issue perhaps?

Thanks

Antony

Hi again

Also I have got quite a few charts running at the same time plus the EA does draw quite a lot of ojbects on the chart, couls this cause some kind of buffer/cache overflow?

Thanks

Show code.

EDIT: from what you have given, I can right now only advise that in order to prevent it, you need to shut down your EA.

Hi

This only happens now occassionlly, so what you are saying is that there is nothing I can do about it?

Thanks

Antony

NO, I'm saying that you need to show code so that we can help you. Otherwise you're asking us whether the water is wet while you'd like to know the composition of its impurities.

With what information is given so far, I can only guess. Is you EA generating signals mid-tick, or does it only respond on closes or opens, or what? Are you using the distance of price from a pivot line, or are are you looking at the price difference between a pivot line and another indicator? Indicators that are updated mid-tick can appear to generate entry/exit signals when they shouldn't because on the chart you can only see what the state of the indicator was at the close of the bar. Your conditions may have been met briefly mid-tick?

Reason: