Pending Order Based on Close

howdy

Is it possible to place a pending order in MT4 based on closing price. I know I can do it based on a price, but would rather not be triggered mid-candle.

Is there an EA that allows me to select pending order based on closing price of a candle?

cheers

honkin

You don't know when or where the candle will close until is does. You don't know the future do you? Wait for the new candle and then open. You'll be one tick from the close.
int     start(){     static datetime Time0;
    if (Time0 == Time[0]) return(0); Time0 = Time[0];

Hi WHRoeder

I'm not sure you understood my query. You are exactly correct in that I do not know the future. So I want to be able to set an entry based on a candle close above or below a predetermined point. This is really only for times when I am not in attendance.

So, as an example, if I had a major trendline like a support or resistance line or fib level, I may decide I won't enter a trade until price close above/below that point. Many is the time I have commenced trading in the morning only to see a pair I had been watching had done just that and then headed another 100 pips in the direction I wanted.

What I want to be able to do is to do something like the following, enter a pending order that has the conditions if candle closes above/below 131.92, buy/sell X lots at market with X SL and X TP.

Do you know if this is a possibility? I suppose it would be an EA I am after, but wasn't sure how to go about it

cheers

honkin

Reason: