EA from one broker to another

Hi,

Has any one experienced a problem with switching to different broker? I have got a demo with FXpro, where I wrote EA... and works... but does not want to work on my live acc. with VantageFX. I have downloaded other demos (XTB, Gomarkets) and the script does not work there either.

I have changed the EA options...

Has any one had similar problem?

Thanks,

JS

'does no want to work' is not quite technical enough for us - what's the error?

I expect that 'something is different'. check things like:
- number of decimal places for prices,
- distance from current price for SL & TP,
- ECN so no SL or TP with initial order
- 'Live Trading' box checked

Or maybe the market has changed and your EA just doesn't trigger trades anymore

Hi brewmanz,

-> I include following condition in the EA. I believe that it takes case of the difference in the decimal places (fxpro quotes EURUSD with 5 dec. places, whereas XTB with only 4.)

if(Digits==5||Digits==3){

PointMod=10;

}else{

PointMod=1;

-> min distance for SL and TP is 50 with the broker, I have got 100 pip.

-> I set the SL and TP with the fist trade.

-> Tools-Options----- allow live trading box is checked.

I still can run the EA in the FXpro MT4.. but with other broker (MT4) the EA is not active. I have tried 3 other broker platforms...

Has any one had any similar problem?

I had a really stupid case of EA not working. I put in a micro lot of 0.01 and in the marketinfo I found that min lots was 0.1 so any trade I tried to send was rejected.

took me a while to find as I testing and not reporting errors corectly.

jacob88:

-> I include following condition in the EA. I believe that it takes case of the difference in the decimal places (fxpro quotes EURUSD with 5 dec. places, whereas XTB with only 4.)

if(Digits==5||Digits==3){

PointMod=10;

}else{

PointMod=1;

-> min distance for SL and TP is 50 with the broker, I have got 100 pip.

-> I set the SL and TP with the fist trade.

1. On ECN brokers you must open the trade and THEN set tp/sl
  2. "min distance = 50, I have 100 pip." On a 5 digit broker a point is not a pip. You have 10.0 pips/100 points.
  3. On 5 digit brokers, you must adjust TP, SL AND SLIPPAGE
    //++++ These are adjusted for 5 digit brokers.
    double  pips2points,    // slippage  3 pips    3=points    30=points
            pips2dbl;       // Stoploss 15 pips    0.0015      0.00150
    int     Digits.pips;    // DoubleToStr(dbl/pips2dbl, Digits.pips)
    int     init(){
        if (Digits == 5 || Digits == 3){    // Adjust for five (5) digit brokers.
                    pips2dbl    = Point*10; pips2points = 10;   Digits.pips = 1;
        } else {    pips2dbl    = Point;    pips2points =  1;   Digits.pips = 0; }
        // OrderSend(... Slippage.Pips * pips2points, Bid - StopLossPips * pips2dbl

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for to do some tests :) I'm on IBFX Australia with Buru as EA, want to compare the performance on different machines (VM) with different EAs.
Reason: