MT5 Profiles name change bug

Hello, I have a problem with MT5 profiles. Basically after i create a couple of profiles after a few minutes I click to open one of those and it opens another. It is acting like the name changed in some random way. So I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

Real1ty:
Hello, I have a problem with MT5 profiles. Basically after i create a couple of profiles after a few minutes I click to open one of those and it opens another. It is acting like the name changed in some random way. So I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

There is no bug. You need to learn how open/save is designed and use it correctly.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Why are 'saved' Profiles NOT saved?

Alain Verleyen, 2013.12.17 23:03

It's what I said, profile is saved automatically, your Trend EURJPY is now made of 1 USDCHF chart.

I can agree it's weird, but it's how Metaquotes implement it.

The only workaround is to create more profile/template. If you want a profile with 4 charts "Trend EURJPY", once created don't change it. Use the Default profile as working profile.

So for example you are on "Trend EURJPY" profile, and you want to see a chart USDCHF. Then switch to Default profile, open your chart USDCHF (close others charts if needed), if you want more then 1 view for this USDJPY chart, create 1 template for each view. If you want to keep this USDCHF chart as a profile then use "Save as" and name it "USDCHF". After that if you want to work with other chart(s), firstly switch to Default profile, etc....

EDIT: You can switch from profile to profile with Ctrl+F5, and also click in the status bar on the profile name (instead of using File menu->Profiles.

Reason: