How to access Mt4 mailbox contents with EA / other script?

Hi folks,

I've been trying to create a program that checks the current mailbox on my MT4 account. My broker gives some info on trading signals that I intend to check and since mail history isnt saved anywhere, i need to do it in real time.

My question is, is there any way (easy way for starters) to access the contents of the mailbox via mql4 commands? I know the mailbox folder is technically off-limits to EA/indis, but asking in spite of the general consensus never hurt anyone. That I know of. If such commands exist, what are they? :)

Secondly, if the answer to the first paragrah is negative, what would be the way to access the mailbox contents? I can code ruby/c/vb code pretty fast that accesses the files and gets some general data like "sender" and "title" and feeds it to the "files" folder for additional EA processing, however, I don't know how to access the complete data in the file and I need some pointers to the solution as those files are either encrypted or in some binary mode or both :) I would like to be able to extract at least plain text from the mail file (no need for link data and so on). How would that be done? My knowledge of file writing (beyond csv) is very limited :/ Is the text in those files formated or enriched?

Well that's it for now, have fun, enjoy coding and enjoy fx.

fc o/

i'm not sure but i think that there is no easy way to do this

As noone seems to have an easy solution I'll just continue this thread with what I come up.

So far, I can use a kernel32.dll to access any file on computer (within the rights of the program), including the "mailbox" folder of the MT4 client. After that is done however i still lack the means to access the contents of the mails and getting some coherent data. It's simple to access files and their contents, but to put the binary code to some coherent meaning is something else. Any thoughts on that?

So far I've tried to open the file with a VB script and checking for any successive characters in the stream of bytes - with no succes so far, openiing a file for reading ascii can be done in any notepad, but I'd like to check the characters of the coding is unicode, however i'm currently looking for a way to convert a series of pairs of bytes to a unicode character (in vb that is). I'm sure it's something equally simple and I just havent found it yet, but if anyone has any pointers, please share them :)

Cheers o/

note: tried opening the file in unicode in notepad++ and no luck, what else can be done?

forexCoder:

As noone seems to have an easy solution I'll just continue this thread with what I come up.

So far, I can use a kernel32.dll to access any file on computer (within the rights of the program), including the "mailbox" folder of the MT4 client. After that is done however i still lack the means to access the contents of the mails and getting some coherent data. It's simple to access files and their contents, but to put the binary code to some coherent meaning is something else. Any thoughts on that?

So far I've tried to open the file with a VB script and checking for any successive characters in the stream of bytes - with no succes so far, openiing a file for reading ascii can be done in any notepad, but I'd like to check the characters of the coding is unicode, however i'm currently looking for a way to convert a series of pairs of bytes to a unicode character (in vb that is). I'm sure it's something equally simple and I just havent found it yet, but if anyone has any pointers, please share them :)

Cheers o/

note: tried opening the file in unicode in notepad++ and no luck, what else can be done?

if you find out how the messages are encoded/crypted i help you.

They are not in plain text so you can not access them easy in direct way!

i need to tell you that it seems to me that isn't the right way to do this, because the mailbox are encrypted files unless u find out How to decipher the code u wasting your time on the wrong direction

Thanks for the response.

I am not sure myself that "my way" is the correct way. In fact I'm sure there's a much simpler way somewhere and I'm just oblivious to it so far. Anyway:

I am not totaly convinced that the files are really encrypted, it may just be rich text binary data dump that's messing with the files. As my knowledge is limited in that regard, I'm really saying this out of my arse, so take it with -grains- of salt, but until proven otherwise, i'll try to open these files. I just hope doing that isnt something illegal, after all I'm just trying to read my mail.

If that fails I have in the past devised a simple mouse moving, keybaord typing bot that can access the mailbox by simply clicking on mail and copy pasting the contents to a text file :P I really do hope though that I won't have to resort to such ugly hacking.

Well I have a long night ahead of me. Have fun, ttyl!

fc o/

can someone help me edit sar ohlc to use heiken ashi ohlc

Hi, I have an MTF indicator that uses sar, however I'd like the sar to calculate heiken ashi ohlc, and not the normal type

Can you tell me how I can do this, my mtf indicator calls to the sar indicator to calculate sar formula, I think it is calling to the internal indicator in mt4 that can not edit

you can skype or email if you can assist and like to talk about it

skype sty671

email sty671@gmail.com

I can also supply the original file that I'm trying to use heiken ashi ohlc for

Reason: