Manual Intervention

How many of you manually intervene with your robots? Clearly there are some limitations to a strict set of trading rules.. I have a very good system that I use on a live account but there have been times when I looked at a chart and knew that the price would move against the direction of an EA-generated trade. Problem is, these things are difficult to code as filters since, in my case, they are based wholly on intuition and support/resistance levels which I determine in a very case-by-case type of way. Numerous times my EA ended up running a losing trade that I couldve bet the farm would lose. On the flip side, sometimes I cut trades short by taking profits manually for a variety of reasons which results in a very high win-rate (probably in the 90% range) yet I never cut losses short manually, and notice that, at times, I missed out on huge profits by intervening. Overall I am profiting either way but Im not sure whether my intervention is actually helping or hurting overall performance in the longrun as it will take some time and effort to generate enough data such that it is statistically significant. I was just wondering if other traders partake in this sort of eclectic approach and what results they have noticed.

I survey for answers like that last year when I started. The verdict became: no-one on here uses a fully automated robot. In reality, no such thing exist because the trader will always leave himself the right to pull-the-plug. I'm the biggest advocate you'll find on this site for not intervening. To justify this, I recommend programming (as-much-as-u-can) the contingency plan. As such, I only consider Crisis information (Ea's cannot read) as excuse to intervene. Ex) Volcano goes off in China. And one should make some efforts to classify what constitutes a Crisis.
Reason: