Quick Question

What would you say is a general name for Stoploss, Takeprofit, Limit, and Buy/Sell Stops? "Pending orders" is one that comes to mind but Im trying to think of a name for them in terms of them essentially being a price value rather than an order type, if that makes any sense. Much appreciated!

Price Banding?

They're referred to as Stops.

Price Banding... I like that.

ubzen:
They're referred to as Stops.
So even limits & takeprofit are "Stops"??

Lol, it was your idea to come up with a general name for Stoploss, Takeprofit, Limit, and Buy/Sell Stops. But not call it Pending orders.

Somewhere in my psyche they're all a type of Stop, that was the first thing that came to my mind. I've seen others use this term broadly also but I don't know if thats officially what it's called. When someone says "I placed a stop order at 1.5000 what are they referring to a purchase or sell ... stoploss or take-profit?

Well when I think of pending orders it implies buy limit/stop, sell limit/stop.. the "order" (i.e. entering an open position) is pending, hence the name. I suppose takeprofit and stoploss are pending orders also but since they are related to closing an open position they "stop" your open postion... I dunno. What they all have in common is that they are all price values and the values are predetermined, I figured there would be a specific name based on those qualities.
Reason: