OANDA MT4 with WineBottler

So the new MT4 from OANDA runs under Linux with WINE 1.3 and a winetricks install of vcrun6.

I want to install OANDA MT4 on OS X using WineBottler but cannot get the Winetricks configuration quite right.

WineBottler can create an OS X bundle from terminal.exe with Winetricks vcrun6, and MT4 opens and runs, login, etc, but the .app that is created does not get completely made.

Closing MT4 moves it a step further, but the .app does not run afterwards.

Any helpful suggestions on the proper way to install OANDA MT4 under OS X with WineBottler would be greatly appreciated...

https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://fxtrade.oanda.com/community/fxmessage/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=005687

devfx:

So the new MT4 from OANDA runs under Linux with WINE 1.3 and a winetricks install of vcrun6.

I want to install OANDA MT4 on OS X using WineBottler and cannot get the Winetricks configuration quite right.

WneBottler can create an OS X bundle from terminal.exe with Winetricks vcrun6, and MT4 opens and runs, login, etc, but the .app that is created does not get completely made.

Closing MT4 moves it a strp further, but the .app does not run afterwards.

Any helpful suggestion on the proper way to install OANDA MT4 under OS X with WineBottler would be greatly appreciated...

http://fxtrade.oanda.com/community/fxmessage/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=005687

Install default metatrader which comes with winebottler, then replace your oanda installation from windows with the original one at /UserName/Library/Applications Support/Wine/prefix/drive_c/Program Files/MetaTrader

Thanks zzuegg - looks like there's a problem installing predefined prefix MT4 as this log excerpt shows:

###BOTTLING### Create .app...

###BOTTLING### Turn on Coreaudio...

fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!

fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x33c924

fixme:file:MoveFileWithProgressW MOVEFILE_WRITE_THROUGH unimplemented

fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gecko\\1.0.0\\wine_gecko\\components\\xpti.dat" 1 536870916 0x0 0x0 0x1db6d4 0x0

fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0xa73f518, overlapped 0xa73f520): stub

fixme:file:MoveFileWithProgressW MOVEFILE_WRITE_THROUGH unimplemented

fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gecko\\1.0.0\\wine_gecko\\components\\compreg.dat" 1 536870916 0x0 0x0 0x1e3618c 0x0

wine: configuration in '/Users/ME/Desktop/Meta Trader 4.app/Contents/Resources' has been updated.

###BOTTLING### Sandboxing...

###BOTTLING### Enabling Antialiasing...

###BOTTLING### Installing Truetype Fonts...

###BOTTLING### Registering Truetype Fonts...

/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin

###BOTTLING### installing vcrun6

/Users/ME/Library/Caches/winetricks/vcredist.exe: library not compiled to support large files.

###BOTTLING### Registering native dlls...

###BOTTLING### Downloading mt4setup.exe...

###BOTTLING### Installing mt4setup.exe...

Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin', starting in the Windows directory.

wine: Bad EXE format for C:\windows\temp\mt4setup.exe

### LOG ### Command '/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin/wine C:\windows emp\mt4setup.exe' returned status 193.

###ERROR### Command '/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin/wine C:\windows emp\mt4setup.exe' returned status 193.

Task returned with status 15.

hm strange, seems that the applications could not succesfull change directory. i have retested it, and winbottler works fine on my intel mac pro, snow leo.

OMG! They have MT4 now. Why didn't they use MT5 instead?

zzuegg:
hm strange, seems that the applications could not succesfull change directory. i have retested it, and winbottler works fine on my intel mac pro, snow leo.

So just to be sure about this I used a different MacBook (white, not Air, OS X 10.6.5) and did a fresh install of WineBottler/Wine and then tried the predefined prefix for MT4 (AmiBroker) and this gives the identical error about DOS drive and Bad EXE format. Huh - Wonder why. Also tried the Wine update for OS X to 1.22 without success. Am I missing something simple?

###BOTTLING### Installing mt4setup.exe...

Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin', starting in the Windows directory.

wine: Bad EXE format for C:\windows\temp\mt4setup.exe

###ERROR### Command '/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin/wine C:\windows emp\mt4setup.exe' returned status 193.

7bit:
OMG! They have MT4 now. Why didn't they use MT5 instead?

Are you serious?

jjc:

Are you serious?

yes. look at their forum. Its confirmed by oanda officials. They have MT4 now.

7bit:
yes. look at their forum. Its confirmed by oanda officials. They have MT4 now.
I'm well aware that they offer MT4. I was asking whether you were serious about them offering MT5 rather than MT4.
Reason: