#include - page 2

The first thing that catches my eye when looking at this is that in your #include directives all the files have the underscore _ character in their name except the first one (which is the one that works) which has a minus -

7bit:

can it be that all the files have the underscore _ character in their name except the first one (which is found) which has a minus - ?

You got good eyes! It certainly looks like it.

wtbstv:

gordon, these include commands appear directly before (that is just prior to) the

int init()

Any one out there have any ideas on how to deal with this issue? Merry Christmas

wtbstv:
However, I copied the EA and the various var and func files to another drive for archiving and working purposes and will then only have the *.ex4 file and the *.mqh files in the terminal/experts directory .
wtbstv:
Each of the above include files are in the same directory as the EA with the correct name exactly.

The mqh files don't need to be in the terminal/experts, they need to be in the same directory as the EA mql4 source.

wtbstv:
'FRI05_MAVar001.mqh' - cannot open the program file E:\7Step\FOREX Robotics\EA\FRI05\FRI05-001.mq4 (159, 1)
'FRI05_EntryVar001.mqh' - cannot open the program file E:\7Step\FOREX Robotics\EA\FRI05\FRI05-001.mq4 (160, 1)
//Variable includes
#include "FRI05-FracVar001.mqh"
#include "FRI05_MAVar001.mqh"
#include "FRI05_EntryVar001.mqh"

I also see that the first mqh has no errors, the rest do.

I also suggest that you try removing the ".mq4" from the directory name ...EA\FRI05-FRI05-001

wtbstv:

Any one out there have any ideas on how to deal with this issue? Merry Christmas

wtbstv: the idea you are looking for is in my previous post:

all your files are named like "FRI05-MAVar001.mqh"

but you import then with "FRI05_MAVar001.mqh" (all except the first one)

You have a typo in your includes! you are using "_" (underscore) while your files actually have "-" (minus) in their filename, therefore only the first include will work. Put your glasses on and you will see it!

This "idea" cost you €4.99 please contact me for acceptable payment methods.

7bit:

wtbstv: the idea you are looking for is in my previous post:

all your files are named like "FRI05-MAVar001.mqh"

but you import then with "FRI05_MAVar001.mqh" (all except the first one)

You have a typo in your includes! you are using "_" (underscore) while your files actually have "-" (minus) in their filename, therefore only the first include will work. Put your glasses on and you will see it!

This "idea" cost you €4.99 please contact me for acceptable payment methods.

gordon, thanks for sticking with me to get this resolved.

7bit, thanks for the solution. All compiles correctly now. Like gordon said, great eyes. Sometimes we just need someone else to see what we mentally skip over. Thanks bunches. As to the payment, I have already issued a check to you in the form of 4.99 IVE (International Virtual Euros). I believe the exchange rate for the different currency is at 1.0000 now so that should suffice. If you need more, let me know.

All have a very Merry Christmas. This was one for me, 7bit

I am having similar trouble. I'm in an external folder because I like to keep development separate from my test environment.

eg "stdlib.mqh" will not open the file, and <> opens, but seems to prevent the variable include from being read at all.

external folder/ include/ include files

expert ||

Does appear to be solved by working in experts folder. Guess I'll be installing fresh mt4 on a regular basis...
Reason: