Indicator adaption

Hi Guys,

I would very much appreciate it if someone would tell me if this is possible:

I have an indicator which prints arrows on the chart (for manual trade only) - I would like to replace the arrows with a vertical line and a horizontal line at the Bar Close level - which would extend to the next signal/vertical line - so on and so fourth.

I have no idea regarding coding as I always outsource them, so preferably a non technical answer. I have attached two snaps, one with the exsisting indicator and one how I would like it to look.

Thanks in advance.

ohboy:

Hi Guys,

I would very much appreciate it if someone would tell me if this is possible:

I have an indicator which prints arrows on the chart (for manual trade only) - I would like to replace the arrows with a vertical line and a horizontal line at the Bar Close level - which would extend to the next signal/vertical line - so on and so fourth.

I have no idea regarding coding as I always outsource them, so preferably a non technical answer. I have attached two snaps, one with the exsisting indicator and one how I would like it to look.

Thanks in advance.

I would really appreciate a very quick yes or no as to whether this is possible to achieve - I am new to MetaTrader as I've recently swapped over from VT and not sure what is and what isn't possible.

ohboy:

I would really appreciate a very quick yes or no as to whether this is possible to achieve - I am new to MetaTrader as I've recently swapped over from VT and not sure what is and what isn't possible.

yes, should be a easy task if you have the source code...

zzuegg:
yes, should be a easy task if you have the source code...

Hi zzuegg,

thanks for your reply - yes I have the source code. If you're interested in doing it for me please post or send me a pm.

Kev

I would try to code this as an EA and as generic as possible so that you can then later simply "plug in" different such arrow type indicators without having to change the indicator code all the time.

Edit: And IIRC there was an article on mql4.com or something in the code base last year that did a similar thing to allow quick visual backtesting or evaluation of an indicator's signals.

7bit:

I would try to code this as an EA and as generic as possible so that you can then later simply "plug in" different such arrow type indicators without having to change the indicator code all the time.

Edit: And IIRC there was an article on mql4.com or something in the code base last year that did a similar thing to allow quick visual backtesting or evaluation of an indicator's signals.

H 7bit,

Thanks for your reply - I fully understand your reasoning to make it generic with lots of flexibility, but I really only need the signal's candle close level marked on the chart. On VT I have always used two charts of the same time frame, and manually drawn each vertical and horizontal line on the other chart - it will be an absolute luxury if I can get the lines drawn automatically, and I very much doubt I will change it again.

ohboy:

H 7bit,

Thanks for your reply - I fully understand your reasoning to make it generic with lots of flexibility, but I really only need the signal's candle close level marked on the chart. On VT I have always used two charts of the same time frame, and manually drawn each vertical and horizontal line on the other chart - it will be an absolute luxury if I can get the lines drawn automatically, and I very much doubt I will change it again.

Hi 7bit,

Can you tell me - is this the post you were referring to?

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9602

Reason: