Two Brokers - 1 EA - can you guess - One reluctant to open orders - page 2

1005phillip:

There's nothing to be suspicious about in regards to your EA's performing with these brokers. They are good. If you see a difference then there is something in your EA's that you are not fully accounting for as a difference between the brokers.

I will second that :)

Alpari has certainly been <no stops with initial order> for some time now

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

Alpari has certainly been <no stops with initial order> for some time now

i think that depends. micro and classic account allows sl/tp set in the OrderSend()

//z

zzuegg:

i think that depends. micro and classic account allows sl/tp set in the OrderSend()

Is the right answer!

No idea where I got that from, too many accounts, too many brokers...

Its MIG that changed to straight-through

-BB-

One has Profit of $125 the other $6 (-well, I'm testing at 0.001)

1. Ais' link https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/111230/page2 Shows min lot for Alpari=0.1 IBFX=0.01 So neither should trade
  2. IBFX is a 5 digit broker you need to modify slippage
    //++++ These are adjusted for 5 digit brokers.
    double  pips2points,    // slippage  3 pips    3=points    30=points
            pips2dbl;       // Stoploss 15 pips    0.0015      0.00150
    int     Digits.pips;    // DoubleToStr(dbl/pips2dbl, Digits.pips)
    int init(){
        if (Digits == 5 || Digits == 3){    // Adjust for five (5) digit brokers.
                    pips2dbl    = Point*10; pips2points = 10;   Digits.pips = 1;
        } else {    pips2dbl    = Point;    pips2points =  1;   Digits.pips = 0; }
        // OrderSend(... Slippage.Pips * pips2points, Bid - StopLossPips * pips2dbl

ubzen:
I suggest you print or alert as many market-info proprieties as you can. You're looking to see any difference between the two brokers. Example Point value. If there's a difference then you wanna double check if your program is handling the differences effectively.

Thank you for your asistance- You got me thinking in the right direction.

1) the brokers are 'off' by a factor of 10 - so as one earns $158 per trade - the other earns $0.58

2) One allows tp,sl >= 0 upon OPENing, the other requires OPEN ... 0,0, then MODIFY ... sl,tp

WHRoeder:
  1. Ais' link https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/111230/page2 Shows min lot for Alpari=0.1 IBFX=0.01 So neither should trade
  2. IBFX is a 5 digit broker you need to modify slippage

I was out yesterday, today because of the Jpy issue - not the RISE but the "flat as a pancake since.

Thank you for the code- I'll add it into mine ( with Credit) this weekend.

As I said to Ubzen,

1) the brokers are 'off' by a factor of 10 - so as one earns $158 per trade - the other earns $0.58

2) One allows tp,sl >= 0 upon OPENing, the other requires OPEN ... 0,0, then MODIFY ... sl,tp

Thanks again,

I was out yesterday, today because of the Jpy issue - not the RISE but the "flat as a pancake" since.

As I said to Ubzen and WHRoeder,

fixed

corrected

I'm just back testing on another Pair until I can return to JPY ( which may not be for awhile for me )

thanks again !!!

Thanks again,

MXVC.VII.LCXVI:

I was out yesterday, today because of the Jpy issue - not the RISE but the "flat as a pancake" since.

As I said to Ubzen and WHRoeder,

fixed

corrected

I'm just back testing on another Pair until I can return to JPY ( which may not be for awhile for me )

thanks again !!!

PS ============== Should read: $1 . 58 ( not $158 )

Thanks again,

Reason: