Need help on my EA

Hello,

my EA runs on the Strategytester but not on the Demoaccount. Why??? Have someone an Idea??? Thanks.

Andy

Files:
test.mq4  11 kb

Do you have a smiley face in the top right corner of the chart? if not try in terminal menu tools>options>experts>enable experts

V

look like you are running demo on brokers' doesn't accept instant order, try to fix your code at OrderSend by set stoploss/ ttekaeprofit = 0, then use Ordermodify to set sl/tp.

Viffer:

Do you have a smiley face in the top right corner of the chart? if not try in terminal menu tools>options>experts>enable experts

V

Yes, the smiley is on the chart.

At yster,

i have tested the EA on 3 Brokers on demo, and the problem was always the same.

WHAT PROBLEM? In other words, what error is being reported in the journal?

CB

cloudbreaker:

WHAT PROBLEM? In other words, what error is being reported in the journal?

CB

No error in the journal. Only "EA is loaded sucessful". No more. Thats mystical and my problem. thaks

Time to check the obvious - are experts enabled, is live trading enabled (in other words have you a smiley face in the top right of the chart).

If so, then it is time to start littering your code with Print() statements to tell you what logic is being executed and what is the content of various key variables (like Bars and Long_MA_Period).

CB

cloudbreaker:

Time to check the obvious - are experts enabled, is live trading enabled (in other words have you a smiley face in the top right of the chart).

If so, then it is time to start littering your code with Print() statements to tell you what logic is being executed and what is the content of various key variables (like Bars and Long_MA_Period).

CB

Ok there is a smiley of the chart. Print() statements, can you explain me this more exacly (example)????

Andy

hi, most likely your broker uses some kind of ECN-bridge and you are Sending Orderstoploss/Takeprofit inside the Ordersend(), you have to send the order first with empty SL/TP and then set the SL/TP with a OrderModify();

zzuegg:
hi, most likely your broker uses some kind of ECN-bridge and you are Sending Orderstoploss/Takeprofit inside the Ordersend(), you have to send the order first with empty SL/TP and then set the SL/TP with a OrderModify();

hi,

I´ve tested it. TP / SL =0 but no open order. I´m frustrated. Why run´s the program only on Strategytester and not on Demo Account. I´ve no mor ideas.

Nvm lol... If you don't get any error messages then maybe the EA is not ready to place any orders. Give it some time perhaps. I'll recommend creating a very short ea with only OrderSend command and see if that places an order on incoming tick.
Reason: