Conveting Mq4 files to Ex4 Files

How do I convert Mq4 files into Ex4 files so I can run the Ex4 file as an EA?

Click compile

V

Viffer:

Click compile

V

I am new at this so I need it explained a little bit more. I did hit compile and it came up with 0 errors but I don't know how to then convert it to and EX4 file.

You type text into an MQ4 source code file.

You offer that source code to the Compiler.

The compiler strips out everything it considers irrelevant, sometimes rearranges the logic a little,

it creates a file that can be executed by MT4 with the same name a the source file and puts the extension EX4 on it.

ewerts:

I am new at this so I need it explained a little bit more. I did hit compile and it came up with 0 errors but I don't know how to then convert it to and EX4 file.

Is done - look in your MetaTrader\experts folder if it was an EA

Look in MetaTrader\experts\indicators folder if it was an indicator

-BB-

phy:

You type text into an MQ4 source code file.

You offer that source code to the Compiler.

The compiler strips out everything it considers irrelevant, sometimes rearranges the logic a little,

it creates a file that can be executed by MT4 with the same name a the source file and puts the extension EX4 on it.

where do you type (text) in Mq4 file?

BarrowBoy:

Is done - look in your MetaTrader\experts folder if it was an EA

Look in MetaTrader\experts\indicators folder if it was an indicator

-BB-

It did not convert it to an Ex4 file.

Please tell us EXACTLY what you have done, step by step.

What you've typed in as the content of the .mq4 file.

What you've done subsequently.

Where you've looked for the .ex4 file.

CB

Go to your Meta Trader terminal and open Meta Editor (the yellow diamond with exclamation mark). When meta editor opens click file -- new. Select Expert advisor --- next --- give it a name and then finish. Some text will appear in meta editor. You have now created an MQ4 file. This page is where you type text. Before adding anything, press compile. You have now converted the mq4 to an ex4. Go back to terminal and you will see your new file in Navigator under experts. You can edit in the editor as much as you like now and by pressing compile, if there are no compile errors, you will update the ex4 file. So just copy paste your entire code into this fille overwtitting what is there and press compile. You can also search your PC to find the directory path that holds your new file. All EA's will need to make it into this folder for terminal to see them.

V

V

Viffer:

Click compile

V

what and how i can convert mq4 to ex4 file ? steps please

Both WHRoeder and I have already told you on other threads this is called decompiling and is equivalent to stealing.

You will get no help on doing this here.

This is like asking on the BMW website how to break into their cars. 

Once you have your system with your locked indicators and changed names, how would you like it if someone decompiled it all and gave it away to everyone for free, or started selling it themselves?

Reason: