Compiling EA while running

I have development versions of My EA's and only compile those normally but I am curious, does compiling an EA while it's running mean that all those changes take effect immediately? Or not until you reload? Would this cause all of your variables to reset?

LB

> compile an EA while it's running mean that all those changes take effect immediately

Yes, you will find that a deinit of the old version and an init of the new occurred

Doesnt apply to recompilation during a backtest or optimization

Most changes on loaded indicators take effect immediately, bar change in the number of output buffers or fixed levels which will need a removal from the chart and a reload to take effect

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

LB

> compile an EA while it's running mean that all those changes take effect immediately

Yes, you will find that a deinit of the old version and an init of the new occurred

Doesnt apply to recompilation during a backtest or optimization

Most changes on loaded indicators take effect immediately, bar change in the number of output buffers or fixed levels which will need a removal from the chart and a reload to take effect

-BB-

Ok thank you for that information. I'm sure this has been asked a million times already.
Reason: