Variable Spread as Activity index ?

Hi all

with variable spread of FxPro, I can see very large spread like 56pips on sunday 23H and very tight like 8pips on Monday 11H.

what do you think about using spread as a activity index that indicate pairs is in good activity and can be trade easily (and of course, with less $ for the spread) ?

In another words, broker like FxPro with variable spread, use large spread when small activity on a pair, and tight spread when big activity ? and big activity is better to acheive TakeProfit ?

Philippe

Matutin:

Hi all

with variable spread of FxPro, I can see very large spread like 56pips on sunday 23H and very tight like 8pips on Monday 11H.

what do you think about using spread as a activity index that indicate pairs is in good activity and can be trade easily (and of course, with less $ for the spread) ?

In another words, broker like FxPro with variable spread, use large spread when small activity on a pair, and tight spread when big activity ? and big activity is better to acheive TakeProfit ?

Philippe

I think that's not always the case. Have you checked the spread at news time?

robofx.org:
I think that's not always the case. Have you checked the spread at news time?

Not Yet. I'm doing some controls.

As backtesting take only a fixe spread ...I can't verify the relation between spread and big activity is better to acheive TakeProfit !

thats only one negative aspect of the mt4 tester. i suggest to test your idea on a platform witch supports backtesting with real tick data..

Reason: