MACD Assistance Needed

Also I'm trying to do is use Meta Trader to load an MACD. but all I get is the histogram (which I don't want) and one line. What I'd really like is to receive the regular two lines so I can view when there's a crossover. This is probably too simple, but I can't make it happen on MetaTrader. Can anyone help?

dconant1:

Also I'm trying to do is use Meta Trader to load an MACD. but all I get is the histogram (which I don't want) and one line. What I'd really like is to receive the regular two lines so I can view when there's a crossover. This is probably too simple, but I can't make it happen on MetaTrader. Can anyone help?

In MACD.mq4, replace...

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_HISTOGRAM);
with
SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE);

engcomp - thanks for ur response but I have no idea what you mean. Can you explain?

dconant1:

engcomp - thanks for ur response but I have no idea what you mean. Can you explain?

With all downloads of MetaTrader come some EAs, indicators and scripts. One of the indicators is MACD.mq4.

I assumed, when you said "load an MACD, all I get is the histogram ( which I don't want)" you were referring to MACD.mq4.

In that program, you will find the line I mentioned above. When you find it, change it as I suggest. That's all.

Where should I go within the MetaTrader program to change these lines? All I see is the MetaTrader home page shown in my attachment.

Reason: