help still needed

please how can i get GMT time becase i want my ea to be trading between 7pm(gmt+1) and 12am(gmt+1) thanks

You have to find out from your broker what time (relative to GMT) they set their servers.

1005phillip:

You have to find out from your broker what time (relative to GMT) they set their servers.

Or look at a live chart, note its current time, check your current time, and calculate the difference.

For example, my chart says 07:30 when my watch says 14:30 - can you work it out from that?

engcomp:

Or look at a live chart, note its current time, check your current time, and calculate the difference.

For example, my chart says 07:30 when my watch says 14:30 - can you work it out from that?

Who is your broker ? Probably that helps some one to answer your question .

I try to encourage people to use their broker first, then the forums second, for stuff that their broker could readily and quickly answer.

Most tier 1 brokers have live support chat throught their website and prodding new users into taking that first step and actually engaging in communication with their broker is a good thing.

I've never really understood the reluctance some folks have when it comes to actually talking to their broker...their broker has a financial interest in seeing the client have their questions answered...if your broker doesn't give you that impression when you attempt to contact them then you should want to know this because it is a red flag suggesting you should entertain the idea of changing brokers.

Who wants to enrich their broker when their broker's support response is "please go to a public forum and pray that someone takes pity on you and answers your question for free".

If my broker was like that I would want to know, and I'm not going to know if they are like that if I refuse to contact them with even the simple support questions like "what time relative to GMT are the MT4 servers set to?".

type UTC time in Google or Yahoo

compare to the time on your chart

Reason: