#include stops indicator from running

I have written the header file and compiled the exe file in /experts/include folder. The function accessed via the include works when placed in line with main code. The indicator code compiles with no errors.

When I run the indicator it runs init() (sets up separate window with levels etc), but start() never runs. I put a simple comment as the first line of start() and this never gets Commented on the chart.

When I comment out the #include (and the lines that call the function via the header), the Comment gets printed, hence start() runs .... suggestions please.

Many thanks

klin:

I have written the header file and compiled the exe file in /experts/include folder. The function accessed via the include works when placed in line with main code. The indicator code compiles with no errors.

When I run the indicator it runs init() (sets up separate window with levels etc), but start() never runs. I put a simple comment as the first line of start() and this never gets Commented on the chart.

When I comment out the #include (and the lines that call the function via the header), the Comment gets printed, hence start() runs .... suggestions please.

What did the experts Journal says ?

cameofx:
What did the experts Journal says ?

Thanks for reply.

"Custom indicator ... loaded successfully"

klin:

I have written the header file and compiled the exe file in /experts/include folder. ....

When I run the indicator it runs init() (sets up separate window with levels etc), but start() never runs. I put a simple comment as the first line of start() and this never gets Commented on the chart......

• I just read BB's post. I tried  compiling a header/include file. It's of no use
  • I never tried 'include-ing' init() before but you proved that it's not a good idea.
    but if you meant functions that would be run inside init() then it should work. Need to see the code to determine though.  
Reason: