help please

How can i get accurate splippage for my EA? The problem it has is that it places one order sometimes and it two sometimes and i want it to be placing buy and sell at the same time so i think the problem is the splippage. But if am wrong let me know and if there is a way i can be generating splippage without having fixed one, please help me. thanks

try calling

RefreshRates() between the orders.

the main problem that you can't guarantee to open 2 orders at the same time without using Limit/Stop Orders.

keylove:

How can i get accurate splippage for my EA?

These days not all brokers use slippage. Specifically, brokers that claim to be ECN's or use some sort of a bridge usually ignore slippage. This should be clearly mentioned in their website and the contract u signed when u opened an account.

If your broker does use slippage then u should understand that there is a fine balance between slippage and the chance of getting filled - the smaller the slippage the smaller the chance of being filled. There's also no general value of slippage that 'is best' for all brokers/market-conditions.

The things u can do to ensure minimum slippage:

1. Try to trade from a computer with the lowest possible latency to your broker (and generally a high quality connection - no drops, minimum hops, etc.).
  2. Prefer pending orders over market orders.
  3. Try different slippage values and collect success statistics... Over time u should be able to find the 'best' value of slippage for your broker (and perhaps also for different market conditions).
(obviously the above is irrelevant for those brokers that ignore slippage altogether).
Reason: