operator diffs..

hi there guys (and gals?)

im pretty new to mql4 and have been studying away at Rosh's template article.

in the article he uses ' & '
i've tried looking in the book / documentation and searching on the forum, however i cant seem to find it and am wasting lots of time.

google thru up something related to java as it being a reference or something.

i would be most grateful if someone could briefly explain, or even better point me to where in the documentation the explanation is.

many thanks

chael

chaeljc:

in the article he uses ' & '
[...]
i would be most grateful if someone could briefly explain, or even better point me to where in the documentation the explanation is.

That's just a mistake in the article. The file attached to the article has the proper function header:

void CalculateSL_and_TP(bool ReversTrade,       // system reverse 
                      double arrayTickets[][9], // array of "friendly" orders
                      double & arraySL_TP[][5]  // new values of SL, TP and openPrice
                      )
  //...

gordon wrote >>

That's just a mistake in the article. The file attached to the article has the proper function header:

many thanks gordon for your speedy reply!

i too thought it was a typo, however if you check out 'the book under' the section 'combined use of programs', as you see below, in the function example they give it,appears again. ... hmmm ?!?!?! lol.

if (L_5>=-Level &amp;&amp; L_1<L_5)
{
Opn_B=true; // Criterion for opening Buy
Cls_S=true; // Criterion for closing Sell
}
if (L_5<=Level &amp;&amp; L_1>L_5)
{
Opn_S=true; // Criterion for opening Sell
Cls_B=true; // Criterion for closing Buy
}
//--------------------------------------------------------------- 6 --
// Closing orders
while(true) // Loop of closing orders
{
if (Tip==0 &amp;&amp; Cls_B==true) // Order Buy is opened..
{ // and there is criterion to close
Alert("Attempt to close Buy ",Ticket,". Waiting for response..");
RefreshRates(); // Refresh rates

I think '&amp' has some usage in HTML... They might have had some bugs with the authoring system for the articles that produced these pages. Regardless, they are typos.
Note that most articles have the code attached as a file at the end of the article; those files are usually clean of typos.

For:
if (L_5>=-Level &amp;&amp; L_1<L_5)

Read:
if (L_5>=-Level && L_1<L_5)

where && represents the AND logic operator in MQL.

It can be challenging to get special characters such as ampersands and quotes in web pages represented (rather than parsed and interpreted). An html entity such as &amp; is just one way for the & character and it has just gone wrong in this case.

CB

guys

many thanks!!

you know what its like if you just dont' know quite what a bit exactly means ... sows the seeds of alllllllllll kinds of doubt! lol

cheers!

chael

Reason: