What is "scale fix"? - page 2

nondisclosure:

On the common tab of the property's for a chart there is an option of "Scale fix One to One". One what to one what?

While you are correct in needing to know what each scale represents in order to properly understand it. Someone here makes a reference to having the 'same type of date on different axis'. This IS meaningless as both axis represent the same data, and not the mathematical relationship between different types of data.

7bit wrote >>

As I already promised: You will eventually understand what I say, maybe I'm just not good at teaching things, so it always takes a while until I find the words to explain it in the most descriptive way.

Correct. You could just use bar numbers for time if you never switch timeframes. For true timeframe independence multiply the bar number with Period() and you always have the time in Minutes, Period() returns the duration of a bar in minutes. (I think i just have discovered an error in the above example, i should not have used Period() but Period() * 60 instead to get the seconds in the last function).

I think analogies, that's why the 'light' just went on. :)

FourX wrote >>

While you are correct in needing to know what each scale represents in order to properly understand it. Someone here makes a reference to having the 'same type of date on different axis'. This IS meaningless as both axis represent the same data, and not the mathematical relationship between different types of data.

Technically one could have charts with the the same type of data on more than one axis, perhaps in different scales: perhaps Year vs Day, but it is rarely done or seen as such things are rarely required.

Reason: