Does an EA use the actual Data or take it from the Graph on a chart for calculations?

Does an EA use the information from the Data Set or from the graphical representation of it on the chart for calculations?

Hi,

not sure about your question, it is not clear to me, but in general every EA works with numbers, doesnt take anything from graphics. Could you please give more details?

thank you

Automated (automatedfx@gmail.com)

--
http://www.forexmosaic.com/ - free publishing, analyzing and portfolio building service

FourX:

Does an EA use the information from the Data Set or from the graphical representation of it on the chart for calculations?

From data.

Thanks Gordon.

Hi Automated,

I mean if there is an indicator on a chart, or even just a simple line at the closing price, does the EA utilize the data from the chart, which would effect the angle and the slope of the line if and when the chart 'scales' or does the EA utilize the actual mathematical data from which the info on the chart which is generated by the data set? If it is the latter then the measured/calculated slope or angle of a would remain unchanged regardless of how it is presented on the chart or it's scaling.

FourX:

Thanks Gordon.

Hi Automated,

I mean if there is an indicator on a chart, or even just a simple line at the closing price, does the EA utilize the data from the chart, which would effect the angle and the slope of the line if and when the chart 'scales' or does the EA utilize the actual mathematical data from which the info on the chart which is generated by the data set? If it is the latter then the measured/calculated slope or angle of a would remain unchanged regardless of how it is presented on the chart or it's scaling.

Regardless of the scaling - indicators, experts, and scripts see the SAME data. But note that changing the chart's time-frame might affect certain experts/scripts/indicators depending on their logic.

FourX wrote >>

Price info comes from Market Watch window (may differ on chart)
Indicator values are as on chart

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

Price info comes from Market Watch window (may differ on chart)
Indicator values are as on chart

-BB-

Prices can be different on chart and on Market Watch for same symbol?!? What do u mean?

Oh, sorry. I see what u mean. But of course the Market Watch's data stream has the same High/Low/Open/Close as in the bars. I mean the bars in the graph are built form High/Low/Open/Close received in Market Watch window?

This question is an extension of the question of the Angle or the slope which we correctly included are really just a different representation of the same thing. Now what I am trying to find out that is the scaling of the chart changes, which unless the scaling is locked, the slope/angle will changes on the chart as the scaling changes. Thus my question is the slope/angle in an EA going to strictly by the numerical data, in which case the slope will remain unchanged if the axis are the same intervals etc regardless of the scaling of the chart; or is it going to give the slope based on what the chart is at the time of the EA calculation. To me it makes sense that the data that the EA uses will come strictly from the data stream, but that does not mean it is. In previous discussions in these forums, there is information presented that the of coarse the slope IS affected by the scaling of the charts which will affect an EA's calculations. So I really have no better idea now than I did before of what the correct answer is as no one seems to have the definitive information on this.

FourX:
This question is an extension of the question of the Angle or the slope which we correctly included are really just a different representation of the same thing. Now what I am trying to find out that is the scaling of the chart changes, which unless the scaling is locked, the slope/angle will changes on the chart as the scaling changes. Thus my question is the slope/angle in an EA going to strictly by the numerical data, in which case the slope will remain unchanged if the axis are the same intervals etc regardless of the scaling of the chart; or is it going to give the slope based on what the chart is at the time of the EA calculation. To me it makes sense that the data that the EA uses will come strictly from the data stream, but that does not mean it is. In previous discussions in these forums, there is information presented that the of coarse the slope IS affected by the scaling of the charts which will affect an EA's calculations. So I really have no better idea now than I did before of what the correct answer is as no one seems to have the definitive information on this.

The specific EA you are talking about - do u have it's code? You can just see if it's affected by this. If u don't understand the code then post it here and u'll get an answer.

gordon wrote >>

Prices can be different on chart and on Market Watch for same symbol?!? What do u mean?

See this thread as a small 'official' comment :)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/102682

FWIW

-BB-

Reason: