roll-over trading

dear traders,
I was wondering if any of you have done this:
rolls paid 1700 est, at 1659 opening a positive roll position, then being paid the rolls at 1700 est, and then closing position immediatly when paid the rolls.

do you think this would be a profitable stratergy?
how quickly do the rolls change? would 1min have only very slight changes to roll? and still be positive?
would maybey a hedge work better?
have any of you made an EA that can trade this idea?

just a thought, probably wont work,

regards, billy

billy-currie:

dear traders,
rolls paid 1700 est, at 1659 opening a positive roll position, then being paid the rolls at 1700 est, and then closing position immediatly when paid the rolls.

do you think this would be a profitable stratergy?
how quickly do the rolls change? would 1min have only very slight changes to roll? and still be positive?
would maybey a hedge work better?
have any of you made an EA that can trade this idea?

just a thought, probably wont work,

regards, billy

Spread is 'larger' than the swap...

gordon wrote >>

Spread is 'larger' than the swap...

how about a hedged position? but you will have to wait for abit till the winning side covers the losing side, instead of closing the position as soon as roll-over is paid?

billy-currie:

how about a hedged position? but you will have to wait for abit till the winning side covers the losing side, instead of closing the position as soon as roll-over is paid?

Same, same.

billy-currie:

dear traders,

BC

You'd be better off going for the Wednesday night, post triple-rollover drop in say GBPJPY...

FWIW

-BB-

gordon wrote >>

Same, same.

triple on wed??

I'm wondering if this would work, too. But I think - even if it would - then all the profit would be paid directly by the broker. And I think trying to trick out the broker isn't such a good idea, in case you're planning a longer relationship...

billy-currie wrote >>

triple on wed??

BC
You need to read around the subject a bit more

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=forex+wednesday+swap+OR+rollover

-BB-
Reason: