Slow connection leading to Accounting problem

I have a Slow connection and it is causing me some worrying accounting problems.

FXCM send me Account sync notifications and I have to login outside of the MT4 platform to check what is happening in my account.
Now expecting lose money because of silly mistakes is ok as I am learning. Real account learning is better than finding that a
well behaved demo account is not the same as dealing with live buffering problems, computer freezing, interuptions etc.
Better to make the learing matter than to be thinking "oh I won't make that mistake again", of finding actions on a demo
can't be done live.
-
Today after a nasty mistake of not setting one of the Winning FRWC EA's up in-correctly and losing a few 100 dollars (expected)
I did a ranging experiment. My connection has long pauses when placing and order and so frustratedly cancelled them
mid process. So imagine my surprise in getting an account sync that gives me a couple of 100 dollars on orders I did not
know were active!!

Now the question. It seems I can't be sure my MT4 is giving me an accurate account info will looking at my orders history
and pending orders using programming overcome this sync. problem programatically?

Ickyrus:

I have a Slow connection and it is causing me some worrying accounting problems.

FXCM send me Account sync notifications and I have to login outside of the MT4 platform to check what is happening in my account.
Now expecting lose money because of silly mistakes is ok as I am learning. Real account learning is better than finding that a
well behaved demo account is not the same as dealing with live buffering problems, computer freezing, interuptions etc.
Better to make the learing matter than to be thinking "oh I won't make that mistake again", of finding actions on a demo
can't be done live.
-
Today after a nasty mistake of not setting one of the Winning FRWC EA's up in-correctly and losing a few 100 dollars (expected)
I did a ranging experiment. My connection has long pauses when placing and order and so frustratedly cancelled them
mid process. So imagine my surprise in getting an account sync that gives me a couple of 100 dollars on orders I did not
know were active!!

Now the question. It seems I can't be sure my MT4 is giving me an accurate account info will looking at my orders history
and pending orders using programming overcome this sync. problem programatically?

FXCM's bridge causes these weird sync statements and the verrrrrrry slow server response time. You should discuss your problems on http://forexforums.dailyfx.com/mt4/ (FXCM support forums)... Not here.

But will a program fetch of account history help?

Ickyrus:

But will a program fetch of account history help?

I don't understand the question.

Ok - probably a stupid question then.
Not sure where the account history is stored on the server or on the client;
So I was "thinking" that I could have a script that would alert me to my current pending orders,
but I suppose that makes no sense either as why would it be any different to the MT4 platform!
-
Somehow, I had orders that were not reported back to me.
-
tired

Ickyrus:

Ok - probably a stupid question then.
Not sure where the account history is stored on the server or on the client;
So I was "thinking" that I could have a script that would alert me to my current pending orders,
but I suppose that makes no sense either as why would it be any different to the MT4 platform!
-
Somehow, I had orders that were not reported back to me.
-
tired

The account history is stored on the server but the client has a local copy. As long as it's connected the client will receive updates of any changes in account history.

The problem with FXCM's bridge is that what u see in the MT4 account is not the same (in real time) as what's in your ACTUAL account (which is a Trade Station account - their own platform). The sync statements are supposed to sync these 2 accounts... But the lag in syncing is sometimes hours (!). The bridge also causes very slow server response time - usually ~5-30 secs (!), although all orders are (usually) filled within acceptable slippage.

Ok - thanks - Don't know what to do now! FXCM offer a VPS so bought EA should remain uninterupted but slow
connection has it complaining about dangerous spread sizes.
Personal computer network route times out on path to FXDD no VPS
Don't really want to pay for another internet provider just to make
sure EA works nor do I wish to put more money in another broker.
Just have to keep testing the network route and see if they get
their act together. Irritating to have problems caused by other
people who have nothing to do with the companies I do pay
for a service.

Switch to a real broker and pay the $30 per month for a real VPS
Reason: