EA rapplied if changing timeframe

Hello,

when applying an EA to a chart and then changing timeframe for chart, EA is removed from prev. chart and reapplied to chart with new timeframe.

when i apply an EA to USDJPY 5 min, i need the EA kept exactly on this chart. How to prevent switching EA when switching timeframe ?

thank you

hurgax:

Hello,

when applying an EA to a chart and then changing timeframe for chart, EA is removed from prev. chart and reapplied to chart with new timeframe.

when i apply an EA to USDJPY 5 min, i need the EA kept exactly on this chart. How to prevent switching EA when switching timeframe ?

thank you

The simple solution - don't change the time-frame on the chart with the attached EA; open another chart with same symbol if u need to look at different time-frames.

The alternative is to try to code the EA to be independent of chart time-frame. For example instead of using High[], use iHigh() with a fixed time-frame (not Period()...), etc. This might be complex (or impossible?) with certain EA's. My own EA's are completely independent of the time-frame in the chart they are applied to. Needless to say, the EA must also be designed to go through a deinit()->init() with no problems (IMHO, ALL EA's should be designed for this).

Reason: