Asking for help...

Hello people in the MQL4 Forum:

This is the first time I post any comment on the forum. You see, I have been trading for a while, of course manually up to this moment, but in the last weeks I have come up with strategy, that is really working out for me, since I have various arguments that support it. Well, the reason I am writing this post, is because I have found that automated trading fits perfectly with my strategy, because I think an EA would execute it with such perfection, that I am really looking forward to initiate myself in the study of the MQL4. As you may have already noticed, I don't know anything at all about the language. So I would like your advice about two points:

1. I would like to have some advice, in terms of where to start studying the language. I mean, should I read a book for a start? I would like to know also, if posible, considering that I would be spending a fair amount of hours studying the language, how much time, in general terms, it would take me to be able to at least start coding very basic and simple EA's

2. In the meantime, I am wondering, and would really appreciate, if someone of you people, would be so kind to work with me coding my strategy to convert it into an EA. I know this may sound strange, but I really think, it would be worth it, if someone experienced spends a little time coding my strategy. What that person will receive in exchange, of course, will be the strategy itself, and a very profitable EA, that's for sure. I have tested my strategy, and has worked out pretty well, giving me quite big amounts of pips in a single position, which are opened with high frecuency.

Something else I want to add. My strategy is very simple (I guess), so I think it would take little time coding it. The stratregy is expressed in very simple terms, but it has given me such great profits, because it is the result of a theory I have developed on my own.

With nothing further to add, I will be waiting for some response by someone out there, who migh have a little, let's say interest, in coding my strategy.

Best regards...

mario_doit wrote >>

1. I would like to have some advice, in terms of where to start studying the language. I mean, should I read a book for a start? I would like to know also, if posible, considering that I would be spending a fair amount of hours studying the language, how much time, in general terms, it would take me to be able to at least start coding very basic and simple EA's

The book is a good starting point. How much time depends on your previous coding background. Even if u have none, then u can start using the examples given in the book with minor modifications within hours.

read Lessons - Forex - TSD and then study the code base and articles.

gordon wrote >>

The book is a good starting point. How much time depends on your previous coding background. Even if u have none, then u can start using the examples given in the book with minor modifications within hours.

Thanks for the advice Gordon. I think I will start by reading the book. I have found lots of interesting articles and stuff, but since I don't have minimum knowledge in MQL4, I didn't know where to start. So let's get started.

Best regards...

Reason: