parameter derfinition expected

I am just getting started with MQL4. I have written a DDL in Delphi and I am now trying to call it from a MQL script. When I compile I get the following error:-

char - parameter definition expected.

In accordance with a tutorial I found I have created an include file with this code:-

#import "ForexCurrUpd.dll"
void PassOnCSVString(char* currupdstr);
#import

then a script as follows:-

#include <DelphiCurrUpdate.mqh>
int start()
{

PassOnCSVString("Hello from Meta");

return(0);
}

Can anyone explain the error message and how to resolve it.

Thanks

Ron

ronhud wrote >>

I am just getting started with MQL4. I have written a DDL in Delphi and I am now trying to call it from a MQL script. When I compile I get the following error:-

char - parameter definition expected.

In accordance with a tutorial I found I have created an include file with this code:-

#import "ForexCurrUpd.dll"
void PassOnCSVString(char* currupdstr);
#import

then a script as follows:-

#include <DelphiCurrUpdate.mqh>
int start()
{

PassOnCSVString("Hello from Meta");

return(0);
}

Can anyone explain the error message and how to resolve it.

Thanks

Ron

i dont know what you do in #include <DelphiCurrUpdate.mqh> but i was writing a dll in Delphi also and was calling like this from an EA and passing lot of parameters without problems.

you was trying sting in case of char in you declaration?

#import "viper.dll"
int WriteSet(string Pair,int CF,int VOL1_3,int VOL1_5,int VOL1_7,int VOL3_5,int CANDLE1,int CANDLE2,int CANDLE3,int SLOPE1_3,int SLOPE1_5,int SLOPE1_7,int SLOPE3_5,int PROFIT,int VOLA1,int VOLA1_3);
int ReadSet(string Pair,int CF,int VOL1_3,int VOL1_5,int VOL1_7,int VOL3_5,int CANDLE1,int CANDLE2,int CANDLE3,int SLOPE1_3,int SLOPE1_5,int SLOPE1_7,int SLOPE3_5,int C,int VOLA1,int VOLA1_3);
#import