Something Interesting in Financial Video June 2013 - page 6

200 Moving Average Part 1 of 4

Stock chart analysis of 200 moving average

21 & 55 Moving Average part 2 of 4

Part 2 is about 21 and 55 Moving Average with the relation with 200 moving average for stock Chart Analysis

5 & 10 Moving Average - Part 3 of 4

This is the 3rd part of short lessons related to moving averages indicator.

Fakey Pin Bar Price Action Reversal

From the author:

In the above forex trading setups educational video I discuss a fakey setup that brought me a profit of about $8200. The setup was a very obvious short signal on the GBPUSD daily chart. The setup was a fakey / pin bar combo setup, we first got two inside bars after a run up, then we got a false breakout of the inside bars that resulted in a pin bar and a false break bar in one.

I always advise novice traders to trade purely off the daily chart, however, I did get in “early” on this setup off the intra-day charts. This was a more advanced entry and I don’t recommend beginners try it, which is why I don’t get into the details of exactly how I entered in the video. But, the fakey / pin bar setup was very obvious and could have been traded after the setup closed out, it provided a very nice return on risk.

I zoom down to the 4 hr chart in the video to show the intra-day false break that occurred that led to the daily fakey setup. To define a target we can find the most recent support or resistance and target those levels assuming it meets your risk reward profile.

Trading Pin Bar Reversals - Price Action Trading Strategy

In the above forex trading education video I discuss the AUDJPY and how to trade pin bars. Pin bars don’t have to occur at the exhaustion point of a move, they can also occur in the context of a trending market as continuation moves. There was a very large pin bar in this video that occurred at the exhaustion point, and I simply wanted to point out that pin bars do not HAVE to occur at the end of a move, but that they can occur in the midst of a move as well.

There are a few different pin bars in the above video that worked out quite nicely. I trade the pin bar setup and the inside bar setup exclusively on the 4 hour and daily charts. I discuss how to enter the pin bar near the 50% retrace in this video; this is an alternate entry technique that you need instruction on before trying

Does Trading the News Work?

Many upcoming events are already priced into the market. So when inflation numbers come up, there is a probability of inflation numbers being at a certain consensus. How best can you trade that sort of event? You can use a market's reaction as an indicator of sentiment.

Forex Trading - 2 Bar Reversal Strategy

This is practical examples of how to open/to close the trades using this strategy (with the strategy explanation).

How I Trade Breakouts

My main problem with this is management of risk. Where are you going to put the stop? It's quite reasonable after such an extended run to expect some profit taking. And that, combined with any other short entry orderflow attempting to capture a breakout failure, may just be sufficient to drive price back below the breakout level.

Where will you put your stop? Maybe just below the breakout bar? That's not too bad from a "minimising risk" perspective, but from a technical perspective it's not the greatest. You'll have low risk, at the cost of greater stop outs. The only reasonable "technical" stop is the opposite side of the rectangle pattern, which is not good at all from a risk:reward perspective.

I am starting new series of the video : How to trade. Some of those videos were already uploaded on the forum but I decided to place all good video about it from few different authors just to keep everything in one place. So, this is the first one:

1: Intro to Technical Analysis

Reason: