SendFtp() questions

I have been doing some experimentation to see how this function works. I have noticed that SendFTP() halts code until sending is finished and true/false is returned (please correct me if this is not so), hence it's not very good for large files and generally I don't like the idea of it halting code for an unknown and uncontrollable time.

I'm thinking of having a 2nd 'mini' expert in charge of sending files only every x minutes while the main expert works normally. Question - does the Terminal FTP client take a copy of a file before sending it? I mean for example if the first expert is writing to a file the 2nd expert is trying to upload - will they interfere with each other?

Another question - SendFTP() overwrites any same named files on the server by default?

gordon wrote >>

Question - does the Terminal FTP client take a copy of a file before sending it? I mean for example if the first expert is writing to a file the 2nd expert is trying to upload - will they interfere with each other?

Another question - SendFTP() overwrites any same named files on the server by default?

No, every time terminal makes new file copy and trys to send it to server.

Yes, the old file is overwritten by new one by default.

Roger:

No, every time terminal makes new file copy and trys to send it to server.

Yes, the old file is overwritten by new one by default.

Thanks, Roger.

Reason: