Good enough to go Live?

Hi All,

This is the result of my EA during 2009-01-02 until 2010-01-02.

This is with low risk (start with 0.1lot and up to 1.3lot). higher risk would give a better result.

I will appreciate all your "critical" comments on the result.

Files:
backtest_1.rar  31 kb

shad_61 wrote >>

Hi All,

This is the result of my EA during 2009-01-02 until 2010-01-02.

This is with low risk (start with 0.1lot and up to 1.3lot). higher risk would give a better result.

I will appreciate all your "critical" comments on the result.

you was running your EA at least some weeks on demo konto to see if the result is somehow equal to backtest?

You should also backtest it more than 1 year back

gordon wrote >>
You should also backtest it more than 1 year back

i agree.

the year you tested could be on a certain yearly formation, which happens to 'fit' your ea. it could be a total killer on another year.

i do test 1) 2008 to 2010 as first priority 2) 2007 3) up to 2000

1 and 2 important.....while 2006 back may sometimes be irrelevant anymore.

Is this optimized and run for the full year?

Try this - optimize for the first 10 months only, then run the test for the full 12 months. What does the graph look like?

Going back more than 1 year is meaningless. All it proves is (if anything), you have very good curve-fitting.

Thanks to all of you who has replied.

I have backtested 2008+2009 ==> a bit poor result but still profit factor is 2,6.

2007 gives a good profit too (3,8)

I'm running this EA at a demo account from 2010-01-18. It seems to be the best way to know the capacity of EA (but I'm not patient:-).

I'm going to test this in 3months and if the demo is as good as backtest, I will put the EA and Indi's here in the site for all.

Thanks again

/Shad_61

shad_61 wrote >>

Thanks to all of you who has replied.

I have backtested 2008+2009 ==> a bit poor result but still profit factor is 2,6.

2007 gives a good profit too (3,8)

I'm running this EA at a demo account from 2010-01-18. It seems to be the best way to know the capacity of EA (but I'm not patient:-).

I'm going to test this in 3months and if the demo is as good as backtest, I will put the EA and Indi's here in the site for all.

Thanks again

/Shad_61

re: being not patient

i think if proceed with that attitude, it is like: learn it the hard way, or hope you dont get burned

ive been there =) and got burned

now i try to cover all the possibilities before jumping in

good luck

Reason: