Metatrader 4 Program Producing Log Files Intermitently.

Has anyone out there experienced a MetaTrader program that does not produce a log daily in the experts directory and in the program's main directory? The brokerage version of the MetaTrader program I am using is IBFX. I am working on a Windows Vista operating system.

Both the experts log and the journals log are not flushed in real time and sometimes even flush once a day. There is no way to force flush it, unless u exit MT4. But regardless of when they are flushed, you can watch both in the experts tab and the journal tab in real time. Good luck!

I am also having this issue on several different broker platforms. Build 225 and 226.

On top of the missing Logs File, in the main directory, There is No experts/files Folder. It is missing completely. Why would this happen and how can we fix this.

This is a serious problem, because without a proper Log file, We can not check the past activity of our trades. And, we have no idea if there were errors that would cause trading disruption.

Does any code (EA??) exist to store the orders from the logfile on the disk in real time ???

The Orders in the logfile are already on the disk . . that is where the log file is stored . . .

RaptorUK:
The Orders in the logfile are already on the disk . . that is where the log file is stored . . .
Yes, they are on the disk but not all of them, some like in my case 1.5 hour of data still sits in RAM so this is a reason that it is not real time !!!

fajst_k:
Does any code (EA??) exist to store the orders from the logfile on the disk in real time ???
yes, WINAPI

fajst_k:
Yes, they are on the disk but not all of them, some like in my case 1.5 hour of data still sits in RAM so this is a reason that it is not real time !!!
Well why didn't you say that in the first place . . . if you want a real time log of trades why not simply write your own ?

trendme:
On top of the missing Logs File, in the main directory, There is No experts/files Folder. It is missing completely. Why would this happen and how can we fix this.
Don't install in \program files* on Visa/Win7

WHRoeder:
Don't install in \program files* on Visa/Win7

I don't think he cares any more . . .

trendme 2010.07.26 14:27

RaptorUK:
Well why didn't you say that in the first place . . . if you want a real time log of trades why not simply write your own ?

I know it is possible but why to duplicate already existing funcionality of logging function of MT4 ?? Reading of logfile would be much easier.

But seems that it will be necessary to write own logger

Reason: